Coordinated Construction Project Control Services – Chicago, IL
WBE Certified Engineering/Construction Consultant specializing in CPM Scheduling, Cost Engineering, Change Order Analysis, Program/Project Management, and Owner Representative Services
Coordinated Construction Project Control Services has a Cost Engineer position open. This position will work in the offices of a public agency in a large capital improvement program. The position is responsible for financial tracking and data integration for multiple sources including client’s Oracle/ERP, E-builder and Program Manager’s database in order to consolidate, analyze and produce all project cost monthly and quarterly reporting, for in-house needs as well as state and federal requirements. The Const Engineer position reports to the Cost Manager.
The Position is a full-time permanent position.
NOTES: Salary commensurate with experience.
The qualified candidate will have a degree in construction management, finance, accounting or cost engineering, and 7+ years of project experience in providing cost controls on large construction projects (greater than $50,000,000). The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand increasingly more complex construction business concepts; detail orientation and organizational skills sufficient to support 50+ concurrent projects in differing phases; advanced skills in Microsoft Access including query building, Excel, as well as experience with ERP accounting applications; and effectiveness in a dynamic and pressurized environment. Experience on large capital construction programs is desired.
The Candidate will:
- Understand and implement the construction, CM, A/E, DOR, OR and other consultant contract requirements.
- Interact with the client’s Planning, Design and Implementation staff to obtain initial project funding, current budget, pending commitments, foretasted cost and open issues.
- Analyze funding, expenditure, commitment and contract reports for accuracy.
- Review and analyze Potential Change Order logs to ensure no double accounting from the multiple web/job sites that roll into the master project.
- Monitor and adjust contingency to reflect accurate estimate at completion.
- Examine expenditures on Job Order Contracts (JOC) and code expenditures to the appropriate category. Evaluate and advise on any expenditure adjustments.
- Assist client project managers with their monthly project updates through the project review meetings, formal training and written comments.
- Produce and assist the client in the production of general informational reports as requested.
- Responsible for entering commitments and adjusting budgets, funding and forecasts in E-builder (Web based project management system).
- Lead monthly project review meetings for all assigned projects and review the project job cost report, labor by organization, change order log, schedule and milestones, and update meeting minutes to address the defined issues with BIC to facilitate the final meeting.
Candidate must have strong oral communications and presentation skills.
Any successful applicant must be legally able to reside and work in the United States at the time of employment. Foreign worker sponsorship will not be offered. The successful applicant must have a complete and thorough knowledge and fluency of the English language (both written and spoken). If the successful applicant graduated from a university outside the United States, applicant must be prepared to submit certified proof their degree is equivalent to that awarded in the United States. Such applicants should provide certified accreditation(s) from a reputable agency within the United States. The job is located in downtown Chicago, IL. No relocation assistance is provided with this position. Local candidates are preferred.