WBE Certified Engineering/Construction Consultant specializing in CPM Scheduling, Cost Estimating, Change Order Analysis, Program/Project Management, and Owner Representative Services
Coordinated Construction Project Control Services has a Primavera P6 Scheduler position open. This position provides scheduling support to a large interdisciplinary Capital Program team in Chicago, IL.
NOTES: Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience.
This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining Program Level schedules and individual project schedules in coordination with the client’s Program Manager Planning, Design, Construction and Program Control team members. The selected candidate will work with the client’s internal staff, construction managers and general contractors to obtain cost and resource loaded schedules in Primavera P6. These will be exported to other reporting tools in order to analyze the schedules and generate cash flow projections. These reports will assist the client to manage funding requirements and report on all state and federally funded projects.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in CPM scheduling and cost engineering, relative to medium to large and complex engineering/construction projects. A BS degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or relevant discipline from an accredited institution is required. The ideal candidate will have construction experience similar to the assigned projects and prior experience using the latest version of Primavera to conduct monthly updates, progress reports, cost reports, schedule analyses, and time impact analyses.
Skills required include the following: ability develop cost and resource loaded schedules and analyze schedules developed by others; be fully competent with the latest version of Primavera Project Planner (P6); have a demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication; a proficiency in MS Office with strong emphasis on Microsoft Excel; ability to conduct necessary research and compile comprehensive reports ability to multi-task with accuracy; ability to work well with minimal supervision and function as part of an interdisciplinary team.
The duties of the successful candidate include:
- Serve as the P6 scheduler to support the size of the capital program and staffing levels.
- Create and maintain a master program schedule inclusive of all projects in the capital program.
- Identify and include internal client tasks and durations in the project schedules using Primavera v6. Cost load schedule activities and utilize level of effort activities so that the schedules can be exported and tied to other cost reporting tools such as Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Interact with the Client and Program Manager’s project controls and planning staff to assist with preparing project schedules and cost reports for all identified projects.
- Support the Client’s finance group by preparing additional scheduling reports for specified jobs.
- Generate cost reports, reporting and analysis.
Candidates will be required to show examples of previous schedules developed, cost reports, and schedule analyses performed during the interview process.