Primavera P6 Scheduler Position (Updated on May 2017)
Coordinated Construction Project Control Services has a Primavera P6 Scheduler with Civil and Transit Experience position open. This position provides scheduling support to an interdisciplinary team and is responsible for revisions to those schedules.
NOTES: Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience.
This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining individual Project and Program level schedules, in concert with the client’s Program Manager’s Planning, Design, Construction and Program Control team members. The selected candidate will work with the client’s construction managers and general contractors to obtain cost and resource loaded schedules in Primavera P6. These will be exported to other reporting tools in order to generate cash flow projections. These reports will assist the client to manage funding requirements and report on all state and federally funded projects.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of seven (7) years experience in CPM scheduling and cost engineering, relative to medium to large and complex engineering/construction projects. A strong civil background with transit project experience is required. A BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or relevant discipline from an accredited institution is required. The ideal candidate will have construction experience similar to the assigned projects and prior experience using the latest version of Primavera to conduct monthly updates, progress reports, cost reports, schedule analyses, and time impact analyses.
Skills required include the ability to develop cost and resource loaded schedules and analyze schedules developed by others; fully competent with the latest version of Primavera Project Planner (P6); demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication; proficiency in MS Office with strong emphasis on Microsoft Excel; accurate data entry; ability to conduct necessary research and compile comprehensive reports; ability to multi-task with accuracy; ability to work well with minimal supervision and function as part of an interdisciplinary team.
The ideal candidate will have ten (10) years experience in project controls on a multi-million dollar project (greater than $40,000,00). Experience on large capital construction programs is desired. The successful candidate will:
- Serve as the P6 Scheduler to support the size of the capital program and staffing levels.
- Create and maintain a master program schedule inclusive of all projects in a capital program.
- Identify and include internal client tasks and durations in project schedules using Primavera v6. Cost load schedule activities and utilize level of effort activities so that the schedules can be exported and tied to other cost reporting tools such as Microsoft Access, Excel or the Client’s Web Based Project Management tool, E-Builder to assist in creating cash flow projections.
- Interact with the Client and Program Manager’s project controls and planing staff to assist with preparing project schedules and cost reports for all identified projects.
- Support the Client’s finance group by preparing additional scheduling reports for specified jobs.
- Emphasis on scheduling the construction aspect of a project, developing and analyzing schedules using Primavera P6.
- Cost control, generating cost reports, reporting and analysis.
Prior experience and demonstrated schedule development skills and strong communication skills is required. Candidates will be required to show examples of previous schedules developed, cost reports, and schedule analyses performed during the interview process.
Candidates must have strong oral communication and presentation skills.
Any successful applicant must be legally able to reside and work in the United States at the time of employment; employer will not sponsor applicants and will not be liable for any immigration-related expenses. The successful applicant must have a complete and thorough knowledge and fluency of the English language (both written and spoken). If the successful applicant graduated from a university outside of the United States, applicant must be prepared to submit certified proof their degree is equivalent to that awarded in the United States. Such applicants should provide certified accreditation(s) from a reputable agency within the United States. The job location is in downtown Chicago, IL. No relocation assistance will be provided with this position. Local candidates are preferred.